Cameroon, ranked 153 out of 189 countries on the Human Development Index with a poverty incidence of de 45.3 %, faces the challenge of inclusive growth for the most vulnerable. The gender inequality, so evident in the world of work, also limits the participation of women in social and cultural life. This is why the project is in line with the priorities of Cameroon Vision 2035 and the National Gender Policy, which aim to fight social exclusion and gender inequality.
The inclusion of women and young people, particularly young women, in the most disadvantaged urban areas of Douala, Yaoundé, Bafoussam and Mbalmayo, is strengthened by enhancing their capacity for innovation and cultural and artistic creation.
The role of women and young people, especially young women, artists, craftspeople and creators as agents of change and sustainable and inclusive development in the most disadvantaged urban areas of the cities of Douala, Yaoundé, Bafoussam and Mbalmayo is promoted.
- 1.1 Artistic training offer for the development of culture and the creative entrepreneurships strengthened for women and young artists, craftspeople and creators.
- 1.2 Availability of a Cultural Hub, spread over the territory, as a creative space with services to support the creative entrepreneurships of women, youth, especially young women, and in general to promote and develop art and creativity.
- 2.1 An analysis of gender differences in art and culture
- 2.2 Availability of training and capacity building in cultural leadership for women, youth, and especially young women
- 2.3 Opportunities for networking and exchange of experiences in the fields of culture and women's and youth rights strengthened
- 2.4 An integrated communication and advocacy campaign and promotion of women's and youth rights and gender equality created
COE - Associazione Centro Orientamento Educativo
The Associazione Centro Orientamento Educativo-COE, founded in 1959, implements projects concerning social, educational and cultural development in Italy and abroad; particular attention is always given to the artistic and cultural sector. COE has been working in Cameroon since 1970. The Association has also been organised the African, Asian and Latin American Film Festival since 1991.
IFA – Institut de Formation Artistique
IFA is an academy which, with its sculpture, painting and ceramics classes, is the only art school in the country. They’ve always been actively involved in the promotion of culture and art in Cameroon.
ISF-MI – Ingegneria senza Frontiere
A non-profit organisation that involves professionals with a scientific background active in favouring the realisation of sustainable development. They have many years of experience in the social sector (social integration, social enterprise, AGR); they have been operating in Cameroon since 2011 also thanks to the collaboration with COE.
IN COLLABORATION WITH:
Arterial Network Cameroun
WITH THE INVOLVEMENT:
LABA - Libre Académie des Beaux-Arts Douala
MJC - Maison des Jeunes et des Cultures of Douala
CED/CPS - Centre d'Ecoute et de Documentation / Centre de Promotion Sociale of Mbalmayo
MJS - Diocesan House of Youth and Sports of Bafoussam
APHA University of Yaoundé 1
University of Douala
University of Foumban
The project is funded by the European Union